Just because the temperature outside is taking a nose dive doesn’t mean you are spending any less time on the road. Whether it’s driving to work, picking the kids up from ball practice, or running errands, the one thing that doesn’t change is that you need to have a working vehicle.
While it may be tempting to wait as long as possible to take care of any auto maintenance tasks, in reality it may be important to get an early start winterizing your vehicle. Why? So you don’t end up needing an unexpected auto repair down the road.
Here are a few important winterizing tips for any everyday vehicle that will help keep your auto repair requirements to a minimum:
- Windshield Wipers – Did you know that your windshield wipers generally only last between four and six months? As the winter months come closer, replacing your windshield wipers may be a great first step in preparing your vehicle for winter weather.
- Winter Tires – Another important winterizing tip that can make a huge difference in the way you drive is maintaining proper tire pressure. Or, if you really need to hit the road in all weather types, installing winter tires is a good idea.
- Top Off Fluids – Topping off your fluids in preparation for the winter months can also be an important step in preventing auto repair. The way your engine runs depends on having quality fluids installed, and this will prevent you from needing to head into the shop.
- Winter Safety Kit – There are times when you might unexpectedly be stuck waiting in your vehicle in the cold. If you have a winter safety kit like the one suggested in the Old Farmer’s Almanac, you may be safer and more comfortable until you can get home.
- Gas Supply – There is nothing worse than running out of gas. Keeping your gas tank at half-full throughout the winter months is a good idea.
Routine Servicing – The best thing to prevent the need for auto repair this winter, though, is to bring your vehicles in to us at Webber Offroad. We’ll make sure that all of your winter car maintenance needs are taken care of!